The Page Sage

The Page Sage was started because I love reading and writing- it just seemed like the natural way to combine my two passions. It's where I discuss books I love and some I don't, as well as everything from book covers to feminist literature.

Starters

Starters - Lissa Price If The Hunger Games and The Maze Runner had a lovechild, it would be this book. It's intense and eerie and just so fantastic! As soon as I put it down, I rushed to my friends and told them all about it.Starters is one of those books you don't have to wait to get into. From the first page, the story grabs you and I could just tell I'd be giving this a good review by the time I'd finished the first chapter. I love Callie's voice and her devotion to her brother. She's brave and strong in the face of incredible hardship while still managing to have something that a regular old reader could connect with. Her voice, combined with the post-apocalyptic setting, set a fantastic tone for the story.Prime Destinations is creepy enough to give you chills. No one can be trusted because no one can tell who anyone really is. The renters are essentially paid slaves, and it just gets worse for them as the book progresses. There are more people to look out for than those who run the body bank, though. There are marshals, certain malicious Enders, and others. The world Price creates is terrifying and heartbreaking, to say the least.And the ending. The last few pages are INSANE. I flipped through them as fast as I possibly could, literally gasping at some parts. I warn you, there's a cliffhanger, and you will want the sequel as soon as possible. I know I do.*4.9 stars*