The Page Sage

The Page Sage was started because I love reading and writing- it just seemed like the natural way to combine my two passions. It's where I discuss books I love and some I don't, as well as everything from book covers to feminist literature.

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins You were all right about this book. I admit it a million times over. Anna is possibly the sweetest book I have ever read, and its witty and emotional and FUN, too. Seriously, I love this book!Anna is a fantastic protagonist and she is so easy to relate to. I connected with her so many times throughout the story and with her friends, as well. Mer, Josh, Rashmi, Bridge... They're great, funny, and real. The other not-so-likable characters did a very good job of being unlikable without being over the top. I can't get over how important this is, especially in realistic fiction, and Perkins nailed it.And then there's √Čtienne St. Clair. Even if he didn't have a British accent, he'd still be swoon-worthy. He's not perfect, but he's exactly the kind of boy every girl should want to date. He's kind, confident, witty, and yes, gorgeous. Sigh. Even his idiosyncrasies are adorable and his banter with Anna was so amusing to read!One last note about this book: I need to go to Paris. Pronto. I've always wanted to go (J'adore tous les choses francais!), but now I'm dying to. The way Perkins describes everything and the whole feel of the book will make a Francophile out of anyone.*5 stars*If You Liked These, You'll Like This: Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway, 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson, When it Happens by Susane ColasantiMore reviews at http://thepagesage.blogspot.com/