The Page Sage

The Page Sage was started because I love reading and writing- it just seemed like the natural way to combine my two passions. It's where I discuss books I love and some I don't, as well as everything from book covers to feminist literature.

Sisterhood Everlasting (Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Book 6)

Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares It's been ten years since the fateful trip to Greece when the Septembers lost the Pants, and much has changed. Carmen's a successful actress on a TV crime show, unhappily engaged to be married, Bridget is constantly moving around with Eric, Lena is teaching the occasional art class and living on her own, and Tibby is on the other side of the world with Brian. The most important change, however, is that the Sisterhood is no longer in touch. Their lives have become too hectic, too spread apart, that they no longer have the time to make time for each other. And their worlds are sorrier places for it. Then tragedy strikes the Sisterhood and the Septembers have to decide whether they want to come together, or leave each other for good.Picking up Sisterhood Everlasting felt like coming home. I started reading the series six years ago, at a time when I felt kind of alone, and Lena, Carmen, Bridget, and Tibby became felt like best friends. Getting to see them ten years later feels like a gift from Ms. Brashares to all of her readers. Plus, the old supporting characters are back, too (Eric, Brian, Effie, and yes, Kostos) with wonderful additions. They made the story pop, with their charming, sweet, lovable personalities. And, in a few cases, they were perfectly detestable. Another great aspect about this book is the romance. It is so well done because the love interests aren't insolent jerks and it isn't all about raging hormones. It's subtle, a sort of simmering romance, and the focus of it is love. That's really the theme of this book, in both a romantic context and a familial one. It's poignant, heartrendingly so, and just simply perfect. A quote from the book: "Their friendship was only one aspect of their lives, but it seemed to give meaning to all the others."More reviews can be found at thepagesage.blogspot.com. (: